The first Proof-of-Play cryptocurrency
New protocol in testing!
Motocoin is a cryptocurrency utilizing an innovative proof-of-play scheme where coins can only be mined by cognitive workload - playing a 2D motorbike simulation game, which is different from Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies that use a proof-of-work scheme where miners must perform difficult computations and then use proof of that work to secure coin transactions and get their reward. Motocoin was historically dominated by bots, but is currently testing a new security model that better enforces balanced play.
- Blocks are generated on average every 60 seconds.
- The reward for solving a block starts at 20 motocoins, which is halved every 1'000'000 blocks (about two years) and stops decreasing at 0.4 motocoins per block.
- Mining difficulty is adjusted every 2000 blocks through lowering the target time if blocks took less than an average of 60 seconds to generate, or raising the target time if blocks took longer than that.
- ≈40 million coins are to be generated during the first 12 years and ≈200'000 coins per year after.
- 450K premine.
Download Motocoin client
Motocoin client contains everything necessary to mine, store, send and receive motocoins.
HMC Testing Release (Block 210000 fork)
Windows and GNU/Linux
(Windows users may also need to install x86 runtimes from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 to use this release.)
Original release (No longer functional since block 177107)
Original whitepaper describes the structure and technical details of Motocoin. (Outdated)Whitepaper
New whitepaperIn Progress
Unlike other crypto-currencies, mining motocoins is not a passive process. You will have to play a 2D motorbike simulation game called Motogame, which is inspired by ElastoMania. You control your bike by using the arrow keys and space. Your goal is to hit the coin at the bottom of any map with a wheel or the helmet and to do it in time less than the current target time, which will be adjusted every 2000 blocks to sustain constant block generation speed.
To start mining you need to:
- Download Motocoin client.
- Run it and wait until the client will finish synchronizing with the network, which may take a while.
- Go to the Game tab and press Play to mine.
- Keep pressing F6 until you see a level that you think you can complete under target time.
- Play the game.
When you hit the coin you will get rewarded with (currently) 20 motocoins. There is some chance that you will not get your reward - this may happen if someone else completes the map at the same moment as you. If you see the map suddenly change while playing, it means someone else has mined the previous block.